Rules & Important Information*
- Applicants must be in high school.
- Applicants must submit a video recording of Concertino in E-flat Major Op. 26, by Carl Maria von Weber on or before April 21, 2017, 11:59pm CST.
- Piano accompaniment is encouraged, but not required.
- Application fee is $25.00 USD. A payment invoice will be sent after all application materials have been received.
- Video submissions must be uploaded to YouTube. Please include a link to your video in the application form below.
- All applications and payment must be received by April 21, 2017, 11:59pm CST.
- In order to be eligible to receive the grand prize of $500 USD, the winner is required to perform at the Chicago Clarinet Ensemble Gala Concert on May 12th, 2017.
- Videos must be recorded in one continuous take.
- Videos may not be edited, enhanced, cut, or in any way altered.
- While professional recording equipment is not required, quality of recording and recording venue is important to consider. Choose a space and choose equipment which will most accurately represent how you sound. For tips on how to create an audition video, please view the video, “How to Create an Awesome Prescreen Recording,” at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKjWN_J-ZWA&feature=youtu.be
- Please set video privacy settings to “unlisted” at the time of application. For instructions on how to post videos and edit privacy settings for YouTube videos, please visit https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/57407?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en
*Failure to follow competition policies and procedures will result in disqualification.